Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Beat Doctor's Podcast Show: April 15, 2010


CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD TODAY'S PODCAST! (link will eventually expire)

So, occasionally, my actual job gets in the way of putting together all of the segments I'd like for the podcast... but there's no post-production involved in whipping up a fresh blend for you, the Faithful Listener. I was riding around with my boy Freaky yesterday afternoon, and he asked if I had some nice dirty funk or soul "so we can properly enjoy this beautiful day." Lucky enough, I had a little Marvin Gaye "Anger" action handy... and with the Pens kicking off the NHL playoffs last night - with a flat performance and a 5-4 loss, incidentally - I knew I wouldn't have as much time as I'd like to get the podcast ready.

With all that in mind, I took Freaky's suggestion and mixed up 39 minutes of head-nodding funk and soul for you to enjoy what is hopefully another lovely day. We're scheduled for seventy-two and sunny around my way...

Today's mix features, among others, Ike Turner, the Daktaris, Michel Audiard, the Skull Snaps, Georgie Boy, Jesse Anderson, Eddie Bo, the Politicians, and Les Baxter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going. Leave a comment!