Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hot Shit (Or Not...), Mark Madden is Back on the Air (Dozens of Months Too Late Edition)

I had my dad posted up on Mark Madden Watch back in the 'Burgh ever since he got booted from ESPN for making a Ted Kennedy cancer joke. I knew it was only a matter of time before he was back on the air, and sure enough, I was right. He's been on WXDX in Pittsburgh now for quite some time.

However, it doesn't seem that he's nearly as vitriolic as in the past, and quite honestly, a Mark Madden that isn't belittling stupid callers, challenging intelligent callers to good sports talk and baiting the public with outrageously ridiculous sports hyperbole isn't a Mark Madden I really want to listen to. And quite frankly, considering the just-as-offensive-yet-completely-boring drivel that Alan Cox used to spew, I don't understand why they don't just let Madden have his way. He was a ratings meatgrinder in the Pittsburgh sports market, and while his old ESPN afternoon drive-time show runs circles around its replacement, Paulsen, Logan & Crow, I think I'd rather listen to them nowadays.

Not to mention that The X makes him play a mid-'90s alt-rock song between two-minute talk segments and a glut of commercials. At least that's how the netfeed of the show goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going. Leave a comment!